- May 14, 2020 11:58 AM
- June 17, 2020 4:21 AM
- January 13, 2022 5:17 PM
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports took to Facebook today to warn students, teachers and ministry officials to avoid Phnom Penh’s Boeung Keng Kang 1 commune due to COVID-19 concerns.
PHNOM PENH--The Ministry of Education on Monday warned its officers and all students to avoid visiting Boeung Keng Kang 1, in Phnom Penh. The ministry said the warning aims to prevent and control of the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
“The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport informs education staff at all levels and students at all levels, to increase their alertness, participation, and prevention of the epidemic of COVID-19 by avoiding unnecessary meals and close contact with people in the BKK1 neighborhood,” the ministry said in a Facebook post on April 14.
The education ministry’s warning came after the Ministry of Health on April 12 reported that two people who tested positive for COVID-19 were staying in an apartment on Street 302 in Boeung Keng Kang 1, Phnom Penh.
“Two new cases of COVID-19 were identified on April 12 involving a 24-year-old Vietnamese woman and her husband, who is a 50-year-old Canadian,” the Ministry of Health, said in a press release.
Both of them are receiving treatment at Chak Angre Krom Hospital.
The Ministry of Health on Tuesday reported that a further 14 people who had been infected with COVID-19 have now recovered. This brings the number of people who have been discharged from hospital after recovering from COVID-19 in Cambodia to 91.
The Ministry of Health added that 31 patients with the coronavirus are still being treated at hospitals around the country.
According to the Ministry of Health, there were no new cases of COVID-19 reported on Tuesday, so the official number of confirmed cases remains at 122 as of April 14.