- 20/03/2020 9:52 PM
- 07/04/2020 2:37 PM
- 10/05/2020 11:09 AM
The Health Ministry has conducted more than 40 COVID-19 tests in an attempt to track down anyone thought to have been in contact with a foreign couple who tested positive in Phnom Penh.
PHNOM PENH--Health Ministry spokesman Ly Sovann on Monday said that the ministry has tested more than 40 people for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Boeung Keng Kang 1, Phnom Penh. The ministry had tracked down anyone thought to have come into contact with a foreign couple living in Boeung Keng Kang 1 who tested positive for COVID-19 earlier in the month.
Sovann confirmed that more than 40 samples tested in relation to the Boeung Keng Kang cases came back negative for COVID-19, but added that the ministry continues to search for others who may have come into contact with the couple.
“As of today we’ve found no cases of community transmission,” he said.
On April 12, the Ministry of Health reported that two people who tested positive for COVID-19 were staying in an apartment on Street 302 in Boeung Keng Kang 1, Phnom Penh. A 24-year-old Vietnamese woman and her husband, a 50-year-old Canadian.
The ministry said that Cambodia has tested 9,792 people for COVID-19 between January and April 19, 2020, adding that this was 612 tests per million Cambodians.
According to the Ministry of Health, there were no new cases of COVID-19 reported on Monday, so the official number of confirmed cases remains at 122 as of April 20.