- March 19, 2020 9:10 AM
- March 30, 2021 8:04 AM
- June 4, 2019 3:00 PM
Workers mixed drink to avoid quarantine centre rules
PHNOM PENH--Seven workers died and 16 were taken to Banteay Meanchey Provincial Hospital for treatment after drinking alcohol mixed with Oishi green tea and Sting energy drink in the Poipet quarantine center, city Governor Keat Hul said.
“The poisoned people are workers who are in quarantine and liquor is not allowed in the quarantine center," Hul said.
"So, they mixed alcohol with Oishi juice and Sting to drink just as they used to mix it in Thailand. After drinking, they were poisoned.”
Hul urged people to be more cautious when consuming food and beverages and to check and avoid unauthorized mixing methods.