2 pronounced dead so far in collapsed Kep building

PHNOM PENH—Two people died among 17 people found in the seven-story building that collapsed in Kep province, Kep provincial governor Ken Satha said.


Prime Minister Hun Sen said he will leave to Kep province and partake with the rescue teams to save workers who are still trapped inside the debris of the collapsed building.


 "I will be leaving for Kep shortly to take part in the search for rescue workers trapped under a collapsed building," he said on his facebook.


More than 20 workers were in the seven-story building when it collapsed in Kep on January 3, according to Keo Vy, a spokesman for the disaster management committee.


The seven-story building under construction collapsed this afternoon, located in Kep commune, Kep district, Kep province.

Related Articles