- 20/05/2020 3:12 PM
- 06/11/2019 5:44 PM
- 19/06/2019 1:35 PM
$2 bln expressway funded by China Road and Bridge Corp along with Cambodian and Chinese governments
PHNOM PENH - Public Works and Transport Minister Sun Chanthol says a $2 billion Phnom Penh-Sihanoukville expressway was 7 percent complete as of last month.
The four-lane expressway to the coastal city starts at Village 1 in the Samrong Krom quarter of Pur Senchey District. A ground-breaking ceremony was held in March.
"The construction was 7.30 percent complete as of November,” the minister said Sunday.
The joint Chinese-Cambodian undertaking is being built by Cambodian PPSHV Expressway Co Ltd with technical inspections by Malaysia’s Minconsult Sdn Bhd.
The public-private partnership project is being funded by China Road and Bridge Corp as well as the governments of Cambodia and China.
The expressway is scheduled to be completed in 2023 with 45 elevated bridges and four rest stops.
“Without the support of Chinese President Xi Jinping and Prime Minister Li Keqiang, we could not achieve this expressway,” Prime Minister Hun Sen said in March.